Apple releases iOS 12.0.1 for iPhone and iPad, a first bug, updates iOS 12 and iPhone XS release in September. Henceforth Apple details five problems with iOS 12 resolved in iOS 12.0.1 releasing notes already spotted by a tipster:
- Fixes an issue with some iPhone XS devices do not immediately charge getting connected to a Lightning cable.
- Resolve an issue causing iPhone XS devices rejoins a Wi-Fi network at 2.4GHz instead of 5GHz.
- Restores original position “.?123? key on the iPad keyboard.
- Fixes issues where the subtitle is not appearing in some video apps.
- Address an issue with both Bluetooth becoming unavailable.
The iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max charges issue widely report and shortly after new hardware is a hit in the market. The issue required has the display-on and connects Lightning cable ensures charge happening as expected in some situations.
Apple already addressed an issue in iOS 12.1 beta 2 and today’s iOS 12.0.1 release brings the fix, where users before the larger update to iOS 12 ready. Some users report the issue affected older iPhones where iPads run iOS 12 mentions Apple where the iPhone XS in the release notes.
The update addresses annoy keyboard change on the iPad, with release notes. Apple hence already issued similar updates for Apple Watch and TV where watchOS 5.0.1 and tvOS 5.0.1. Today’s iOS 12.0.1 update thus reaches customers shortly.