Sometimes, Things like Word Document in Windows and Text Edit in Mac OS X do not open in other systems. Often, you fail to open a Microsoft Word Document in an Apple Mac and vice-versa. And many text files that are big in size, get corrupted all of a sudden. That is why, people covert their documents as PDF files that would open in any computer, irrespective of the operative system, as long as that computer has some program like Adobe Reader or Foxit Reader that can read PDF files.
Years ago, as a research student, I created a long research document whose size was 69 MB. I converted into PDF and the size of PDF file was just 2 MB.
This shows that PDF file also takes lesser size. Thus, this is an advantage of making a PDF files. However, some people are disappointed that they cannot edit PDFs. Relax! Now there is a way to do that, if you are creating your PDF files from PDF Nomad.
PDF Nomad is from the makers of the ever popular PDFClerk Pro. It is a fast, easy to use, carefully crafted PDF Editor. It was created especially for Lion (OS X 10.7) and fully it supports full-screen mode.
SintatraWorks, the makers of PDF Nomad claim to be committed to provide highest quality softwares and develop productivity solutions for the Mac and iOS platforms.
Following are some of the important features of PDF Nomad:
1. With PDF Nomad, you can easily resize whole documents to a different page size with a single command, or resize individual pages with drag and drop, shifting page contents as you need or as you wish.
2. With PDF Nomad, you can export individual pages as bitmaps (jpg, png etc.) or create spoken audio files from the document’s text. You can also split documents into even/odd pages, or explode documents into single pages or individual chapters.
3. You can merge pages side by side or on top of each other. PDF Nomad can also be used to split pages in half or tile them to print them onto multiple pages to be assembled into posters.
4. You can merge documents, interleave documents and even overlay documents on top of each other. Adding watermarks with PDF Nomad is also possible.
5. You can create and fill out PDF forms.
6. You can markup text and annotate pages with rectangles, ovals, arrows, lines and more.
7. PDF Nomad can create books and magazines ready for printing. It can also add finishing/proofing marks if needed. Did you ever want to print a manual into a small booklet for easy reference, or need to prepare your novel or essay for your publisher? With PDF Nomad, you will have your document ready within few minutes.
8. With PDF Nomad, you can stamp page labels onto pages.
9. You can create and edit outlines (including batch edits and automatic creation from table of contents).
10. PDF Nomad can link index table and cross-document references to their corresponding pages.
11. Print contents mirrored. (Eg. to transfer onto a T-shirt or other fabric.)
12. You can split the document view for two simultaneous independent views of your document.
PDF Nomad has undergone various improvements in its new updated version 1.3:
1. New Features:
(i) Now text can be exported in plain text format as an alternative to rich text format.
(ii) Now you will have the option to export only highlighted (marked up) text.
(iii) Now you will have the option to hide the left side lists when opening a PDF document.
(iv) When you start PDF Nomad, it will now more fully restore the windows that were open when it was closed.
2. Changes introduced:
(i) Now Multi-line markup selection can be converted into a single Markup annotation.
(ii) In the new version of PDF Nomad, color for list areas now defaults to the lighter variant.
3. Last but not least, various bugs have been fixed in the new version of PDF Nomad.
PDF Nomad is compatible with Mac OS X 10.7 or later version. It requires 64-bit processor to run.
This review has been written after obtaining PDF Nomad from Mac App store and the app has been used on Mac.
Now with PDF Nomad, creating PDF file, editing the file or arranging the content of the PDF file should be a cakewalk for you. Share your feedback about PDF Nomad with us by posting comments.