Are you planning a trip to Russia as a tourist or for a business purpose? Or are you a Russian who is planning a trip to United States or some English speaking country for the same purpose?
You maybe wondering how to communicate with people as most English people cannot speak Russian and most Russians cannot speak English.
However, you do not need to worry about that as Mikhail Kolobov has solved your problem by creating English-Russian Travel Phrasebook.
This app is your guide and it is your own English to Russian or Russian to English Dictionary for phrases.
In the 2001 movie Birthday Girl, John (Ben Chaplin) was having a language problem with Nadia (Nicole Kidman, who was playing a Russian girl). John spent long hours in toilet where he used an English-Russian dictionary to write a letter to Nadia, telling her how much he loved her. It was only in the end where Nadia revealed that actually, she could speak English and her real name was Sophia. However, as far as writing the letter is concerned, things would have been way easy for John if he had an iPad where he could have used English-Russian Travel Phrasebook.
English-Russian Travel Phrasebook consists over 420 of the most common phrases on a range of topics such as Basics, Greetings, Introductions, Money, In the City, Hotel, Sightseeing, Shopping, Restaurant, Slang, Private Talks and Emergency. Thus, as a tourist, you can easily communicate with other people.
This app has been written by Russian teachers especially for English speakers. This app can help you start learning Russian. Each phrase includes a Russian translation and phonetic transcription. It also features audio recording with real pronunciation by native Russian speaker. Due to Russian translation, many Russians may also be able to use this app but this app is primarily for English speaking users.
You can browse phrases by category, depending on the situation you are in. Or you can use the search feature to instantly find what you are looking for. The Travel Phrasebook will help you in any situation.
Following are the important features of English-Russian Travel Phrasebook:
1. Each audio file in English-Russian Travel Phrasebook has been recorded by a native Russian speaker to help you speak Russian powerfully and correctly, too.
2. A list of idioms that you would not find in a dictionary is attached to every category (except in the Slang category). You will find about 40 idioms in total. English-Russian Travel Phrasebook will also teach you about slang and informal phrases used when speaking to people you know well.
3. English-Russian Travel Phrasebook features a mini-vocabulary list in the Shopping category.
4. You can use search facility in this app that would help you instantly find the phrase or word you are looking for.
5. English-Russian Travel Phrasebook contains helpful information about the Russian alphabet and Russian pronunciation.
6. You would not require internet connection to use this app. You can use it wherever and whenever you want.
7. English-Russian Travel Phrasebook is a universal app and it has been designed for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad.
In the new version 1.1, English-Russian Travel Phrasebook features retina display optimized graphics for both iPhone and iPad.
English-RussianTravelPhrasebook is compatible with iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad. It requires iOS 3.0 or later version.
This review has been written after obtaining this app from the app store via gift card and the app has been used on an iPad.
Did you try this app? It is so easy, I bet you have started picking up Russian by now.