How to Upgrade to iOS 5 Beta 1, without Any Developer Account
Gizmodo reader and Apple lover Mert Erdir has found a way to update iOS 5 beta 1 activation without a developer account.
According to Gizmodo site:
My will is not to do something harmful to anyone, I just wanted to get the attention of Apple, the company I’m in love with; and maybe one day have a chance to talk to/meet Steve Jobs himself. You can reach me on Twitter for further questions.
I found this because I don’t have much cash to get an IOS Developer account, so donations for a young developer will be appreciated. They can be made on my blog (not in english). You’ll see the PayPal donate button on the right. Thanks!
Warning: We do not recommend that anyone who is not a developer install iOS 5. Proceed at your own risk… iPad 2 owners should be especially careful since they cannot downgrade even with SHSH blobs.
Here are the following instructions:
The first thing you need to do is to downloaded iOS 5.0 and then installed by Shift/Option.
1. Triple click the home button. This will activate the Voice Over.
2. Triple click the home button and Emergency Call will appear.
3. Click on Emergency Call and, while it’s switching, swipe with your three fingers down.
4. The Notification Center will appear!
5. Click on the Weather widget. The Weather app will load.
6. Click on the home button to exit to the iPhone’s springboard.
Your iPhone is activated and fully operative.
These instructions will let you bypass activation but apparently will not activate cellular service.
[ Via Gizmodo ]