iBooks 2.0 Available Now
After announcing at Education Media Event, Apple released iBooks 2.0.
iBooks 2.0 is mainly focused on enabling textbook support. Apple has cut deals with a series of publishers to bring iBookstore-based textbooks to the United States.
iBooks 2.0 brings full support for books created through the new Mac app called iBooks Author.
From the changelog:
1. You can experience gorgeous Multi-Touch textbooks designed for iPad.
2. iBooks textbooks are filled with interactive features, diagrams, photos, and videos.
3. You can tap to dive into images with interactive captions, rotate 3D objects, swipe through image galleries, watch videos in full screen, and more.
4. You can use a finger as a highlighter when swiping over text in a textbook.
5. It is easy to take advantage of Study Cards that would help you memorize important highlights, notes, and glossary terms.
6. You can tap glossary terms to see definitions of key topics and concepts without leaving the page.
This is what Apple said about iBooks 2.0 in Press Release.
Education is deep in Apple’s DNA and iPad may be our most exciting education product yet. With 1.5 million iPads already in use in education institutions, including over 1,000 one-to-one deployments, iPad is rapidly being adopted by schools across the US and around the world,” said Philip Schiller, Apple’s senior vice president of Worldwide Marketing. “Now with iBooks 2 for iPad, students have a more dynamic, engaging and truly interactive way to read and learn, using the device they already love.
What is your opinion about iBooks 2.0? Post your comments.
Source: Mac Stories