iOS 5.1 Released By Apple
We reported earlier that iOS 5.1 was announced by Apple on the media event of 7 March 2012 where the spotlight was on the new iPad. Tim Cook revealed that iOS 5.1 (for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch) is now available for Over The Air (OTA) download.
In addition to addressing bugs affecting battery life, the 189MB update for iOS will be delivering a number of significant tweaks and improvements. Most notably, there is going to be voice dictation support for the iPad, an updated Camera app, and the ability to delete photos from Photo Stream.
This is what iOS 5.1 would deliver:
1. Japanese language support for Siri will be there. However, availability of this feature may be limited during initial rollout.
2. Now Photos can be deleted from Photo Stream.
3. Camera shortcut will now always visible on Lock Screen for iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS and 4th Generation iPod Touch.
4. Now Camera face detection will highlight all detected faces.
5. As mentioned earlier, there is a redesigned Camera app for iPad.
6. Genius Mixes and Genius playlists for iTunes Match subscribers.
7. Audio for TV programs and films on iPad has been optimized to sound louder and clearer.
8. There are Podcast controls for playback speed and a 30-second rewind for iPad.
9. iOS 5.1 addresses bugs affecting battery life. We can hope that the battery issues of iPhone 4S would not bother users anymore.
10. iOS 5.1 fixes the issue that occasionally caused audio to drop for outgoing calls.
What do you say about iOS 5.1? What are your expectations from the updated version of iOS? Share your comments.
We urge Jailbreakers should NOT to upgrade to iOS 5.1 until a corresponding jailbreak is released.