Looks like I was right when I said that Apple would unveil the new 3.1 software today. It was unfair as I knew it from a pretty reliable source, if you know what I mean. So 3.1 will be available for download later today from iTunes.
As usual in such events, jailbreakers and unlockers should not update right away. Let me repeat to be clear to everyone. If your iPhone is jailbroken, you should not update to OS 3.1. Doing so will just wipe out your jailbreak and may make it impossible to jailbreak or unlock in the future.
I suggest you wait a bit. The Dev Team is going to get a hold of 3.1 and figure out if it’s safe to update or not. Either way, I will let you know as soon as we know more about it.
The full list of 3.1 features and updates includes the following:
– Improved syncing for music, movies, TV shows, podcasts, and photos
– iTunes U content organization
– Redeem iTunes Gift Cards, codes, and certificates in the App Store
– Display available iTunes account credits in the App Store and iTunes Store
– Save video from Mail and MMS into Camera Roll
– Option to “Save as new clip” when trimming a video on iPhone 3GS
– Better iPhone 3G Wi-Fi performance when Bluetooth is turned on
– Remotely lock iPhone with a passcode via MobileMe
– Use Voice Control on iPhone 3GS with Bluetooth headsets
– Paste phone numbers into the keypad
– Option to use Home button to turn on accessibility features on iPhone 3GS
– Warn when visiting fraudulent websites in Safari (anti-phishing)
– Improved Exchange calendar syncing and invitation handling
– Fixes issue that cause some app icons to display incorrectly