Learn And Understand Any English Word With Wordflex Touch Dictionary [REVIEW]
Warning: get_headers(): http:// wrapper is disabled in the server configuration by allow_url_fopen=0 in /nfs/c10/h01/mnt/141529/domains/macpeer.com/html/wp-content/plugins/squared-appstorebox/squared-appstorebox.php on line 193
Warning: get_headers(): This function may only be used against URLs in /nfs/c10/h01/mnt/141529/domains/macpeer.com/html/wp-content/plugins/squared-appstorebox/squared-appstorebox.php on line 193
As a child, my mother told me to use dictionary whenever I had doubt about the meaning or pronunciation of any word. Most of my student life revolved around dictionaries and thesaurus.
But in your busy life you cannot carry a dictionary everywhere. That is why, you should have a dictionary in your iPad and what better than an Oxford Dictionary. Wordflex Touch Dictionary is a very helpful dictionary.
Not familiar with this name? Do you recall something if I say “Twig”? Yeah! Now you remember. Now Twig is known as Wordflex Touch Dictionary.
In association with the Oxford University Press, this dictionary has been developed exclusively for iPad. This is a fascinating app that offers the first truly tactile, interactive reference for all words in English.
Usually virtual and online dictionaries force users to scroll to find out the word that they want to understand. However, Wordflex offers a more compelling, intuitive approach, combining structure and play to maximize learning. By manipulating word-trees physically, unlocking content at will and rearranging the onscreen ‘workspace,’ you will experience language as an interactive adventure. You will also find what you are looking for more quickly.
Following are the important features that distinguish Wordflex Touch Dictionary from other virtual dictionaries:
1. The words can be seen with a tree-based view with realistic physical behavior for easy navigation of complex entries.
2. Wordflex Touch Dictionary features gesture-based interaction. You can move nodes around, tapping, scrolling, pinching/spreading enable strongly interactive play with words, like mimicking the elemental, tactile, fun of learning language.
3. This dictionary in the form of an iPad app has advanced technology. It combines rich educational content with immersive experience; dynamic interface driven by a physics engine and as mentioned earlier, a highly efficient, tree-structured database.
4. This app has highly aesthetic User Interface (UI) with retina HD graphic for crystalline text and visuals.
5. With Wordflex Touch Dictionary, you would have the ability to share ‘word posters’ via e-mail, Twitter, Facebook, or printed hard copy.
6. Now you have multiple titles from Oxford’s dictionary and thesaurus in one app. Such vast is the database of this app. This app is so rich in content that the size is 771 MB. You would not need to use any network unless you want to share it on social network.
7. Wordflex Touch Dictionary has complete audio pronunciations in British as well as American English.
8. This app has flexible search with matches, hints, relatives and real-life sentences.
The word database with full information about its usage, pronunciation and other things, Wordflex Touch Dictionary features words from Oxford Dictionary of English, New Oxford American Dictionary and Oxford Thesaurus of English. Thus, now you can also learn synonyms and antonyms of all words from this dictionary.
Following video gives you a sneak-peak of how this app functions:
In the new version 1.1 of Wordflex Touch Dictionary, all previously reported bugs have been fixed. Now there is Retina High Definition graphic for crystalline text and visuals.
Helping the creative usage of English, this app is helpful to authors, teachers, people who do not speak English as their mother tongue but are learning English and lastly, this who want to enrich their vocabulary.
Wordflex Touch Dictionary is compatible with iPad. It requires iOS 4.0 or later version.
Wordflex Touch Dictionary features Infrequent or Mild Profanity. Sometimes, it also features Crude Humor. Therefore user discretion is being recommended for the use of this app. You should be at least 9 years or above to download and use this app.
This review has been written after obtaining Wordflex Touch Dictionary from the app store via gift card and the app has been used on an iPad.
So are you ready to enrich your English and become a modern day Shakespeare with this app? Post your comments and tell us how do you find this app helpful.