If you are doing business from your computer, you require access to your computer even when you are traveling and when you are away from home. Whether flying in plane, traveling in a train or just resting on the couch, you need access to Mac or PC to see the status update related to business.
You need apps that can help you in connecting with your Mac or PC with ease and continue your work even when you are nowhere near your desktop computer (Mac or PC).
LogMeIn Solutions specialize in creating remote control, file sharing, systems management, data backup, business collaboration and on-demand customer support of PCs, servers, Macintosh computers, smartphones and other connected devices. They have created two apps that can be helpful to you in the current scenario. So let us make a comparison between the two apps called LogMeIn and Ignition. Then you can decide which one is best for you.
With LogMeIn you can remotely control your PCs and Macs over WiFi/3G with the free LogMeIn app on your iPad or iPhone. This app works with LogMeIn’s free award-winning software installed on as many computers as you like. Now you will have remote access to your files, run your applications and control your desktops from anywhere. Now just relax as everything is at your finger tips.
Ignition is a one-time purchase. It runs on both your iPad and iPhone and works with LogMeIn software on your computers. Install LogMeIn software on an unlimited number of remote computers. After that, you will be able to access them all from your iPad and iPhone.
As the introduction shows that both of these apps have the same purpose, let us have look at the feature of these apps and compare those features:
1. With LogMeIn app, you can access your home and work computers from anywhere. Ignition also gives you remote access to your computers, files and applications.
2. With LogMeIn app, you can control your Mac or PC as if you are sitting right in front of it. Ignition also serves as a file manager and facilitates the remote transfer of files and saving files in your device.
3. Thanks to LogMeIn, you can edit the files in your computer with your iPad or iPhone. Like LogMeIn is more useful for accessing and modifying files, Ignition is more useful for transferring files.
4. Ignition and LogMeIn have a Wake-On-Lan that can wake a sleeping computer remotely.
5. With With LogMeIn, you can run any application from your iPhone or iPad.
6. With LogMeIn, you can fix computer problems from a remote location for business or personal IT.
Following are some more features of LogMeIn if you upgrade in-app. Many of these features are there in Ignition as well:
1. LogMeIn has HD video and sound streaming for seamless remote control from any device or Pro enabled computer. At the moment, this feature is available only for Windows computers. Very soon, it would be coming for Mac as well. This feature is also available on Ignition, coming in the new version.
2. There is My Cloud Bank integration that can link your LogMeIn app with popular cloud services. This feature is also available on Ignition.
3. LogMeIn has a File Manager for transferring files and folders between computers and saving them to your device.
4. With LogMeIn, you can print any document to any AirPrint compatible printer. This feature is also available on Ignition.
5. LogMeIn also features Photo App Management for accessing and transferring photos from/to the photo library of your iPad or iPhone.
Apart from all similarities and differences with LogMeIn, Ignition also has a feature regarding mailing of files. Ignition has the capability for attaching files to e-mail, directly from Ignition. Which means, you activate ignition in your iPad, attach a file in your Mac or Pac to an e-mail and send it.
The in-app subscription of LogMeIn works the following way:
1. You can download LogMeIn app for free. This app includes remote control for all your computers.
2. If you choose to upgrade to LogMeIn Pro subscription, all you need to do is to select yearly ($39.99).
Both LogMeIn and Ignition are compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. They require iOS 3.0 or later version.
So after seeing the similarities and differences between these two apps, which app do your find suiting your purpose more. Tell us in the comments below.
Click here to download LogMeIn app.
Click here to buy and download Ignition app.