Write Your Own Poem On iPad With Poet [REVIEW]
Poetry has been an integral part of literature. We love to read poems and wish we could write our own poetry.
With the popularity of artists like Eminem, many people wish write their own rhymes, imitating their favorite artists. Some call it poetry and some call it rap.
Now here we see a new app by Jan Sloboda that helps you in writing poems on your iPhone or iPad. Named as Poet, this app also features beautiful graphics that soothe your eyes.
This app helps you to feel the joy of writing a poetry. There are easy to use rhyme suggestions navigator. There is dictionary that helps with you with rhyming words and synonyms for the words that you want to use in the poem.
Thus, with the help of poet, you can write a poem for school magazine, or college magazine, a birthday rhyme for your parents or cousins, you open your heart to your childhood sweetheart.
Now let us have a look at the features of Poet app:
1. Poet supports iTunes file sharing. It shares files through the email and printing. Editor is highly configurable. You can easily use it with external keyboard.
2. Poet’s editor can analyze stanza. On analyzing stanza, it always shows the appropriate rhyme-suggestions without need to select word you want to find rhyme for. This saves your time and avoids the hassle you would go through to think a suitable rhyming word. Easily configurable, the unique analyzer in this app works are based on rhyme-type and position where is cursor when you tap [rhyme] button.
3. In this app, there is a search engine for rhymes and synonyms. It has been well optimized to show suggestions instantly. From version 1.2, this search engine is accessible not only from your Safari browser but also though its own browser. Thus, you can take advantage of it even if you are not having any plans of using built-in editor.
4. The Library browser supports undelete (so that accidental deletion of poems/books can be avoided), “browser lock” and tree/flat mode (to ensure better navigation).
5. Poet app carries a configurable word-dictionary (From version 1.4 with support for built-in iOS dictionary) when you need to find meaning of the suggested words. It is accessible through the Rhyme browser. All you need to do is just tap one of the suggested words and “action” menu inside Poet’s editor. The meaning will appear.
6. Now that Twitter has been integrated with new iOS 5, you can now tweet in poems.
If you need any help apart from Poet’s built-in help, then the online videos on the Slodev website can be helpful to you. The makers of this app welcome feedback and ratings. Thus, if you have any doubts, you have the option to mail them and interact with them.
Poet app is compatible with iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad. It requires iOS 5.0 or later version.
So are you ready to find your inner Shakespeare, Longfellow or even Eminem with Poet app? Share your opinions, expectations and feedback about this app in our comments section.
Click here to buy and download Poet.